Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the Texas state government

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans Page.

Compact with Texans

Public Contact

General questions regarding TDHCA or housing related issues are handled during regular office hours at 512-475-3800, toll free 800-525-0657, Relay Texas (TTY) 800-735-2989 or 7-1-1 Voice, or email

Help for Texans

Consumers in need of assistance may search for local providers and resources through TDHCA’s Help for Texans ( database, or call TDHCA at 512-475-3800, toll free 800-525-0657, Relay Texas (TTY) 800-735-2989 or 7-1-1 Voice, or email

TDHCA Complaint Process

Complaints may be submitted in writing by one of the following three ways:

  1. Submit a written complaint online by selecting this link;
  2. Mail to PO Box 13941, Austin, TX 78711-3941; or
  3. Fax to 512-475-0070.

Individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation to submit complaints over the phone by calling 512-475-3800, toll free 800-525-0657, Relay Texas (TTY) 800-735-2989 or 7-1-1 Voice, or email

The Complaint Submission System is to be used only for complaints dealing with TDHCA programs and funded properties. TDHCA-funded properties can be found online by searching our Vacancy Clearinghouse.

Issues not falling under TDHCA jurisdiction, (e.g. matters regarding other public housing authorities, non-TDHCA funded programs or properties, or homeowner associations) cannot be resolved by TDHCA.


Housing Tax Credits, Bonds, or Other Assistance

For complaints or concerns about developments proposed in applications for Housing Tax Credits, Bonds or other assistance, please submit directly to the Multifamily Finance Division by email to or or phone 512-463-9784.

Please note that complaints/concerns or other public comments about developments proposed in applications for Housing Tax Credits or Bonds generally will not receive a response from TDHCA. The complaint/concern or other public comment will, however, be noted in the development's application file.

Responses to Complaints

Within 15 business days, a complainant will receive a response from TDHCA either that the complaint has been resolved or that it will be resolved by a certain date. After that, the complainant will be notified about the status of the complaint at least quarterly until final resolution.

Manufactured Housing Complaints

Any Texas consumer with a complaint regarding manufactured housing sales, deposit refunds, warranty matters, or titling issues may visit TDHCA’s Manufactured Housing Division’s (“MHD”) Consumer Complaints page or contact MHD’s Consumer Complaint Hotline at 877-313-3023.

Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse

Report fraud, waste, or abuse if you believe or suspect that money or assistance TDHCA uses for its operations, or money or assistance that TDHCA has provided to an organization, person or affordable housing property may have been lost, stolen, or misused.

For more information, visit TDHCA’s Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse page or call toll free 1-800-TX-AUDIT (1-800-892-8348).


Community Housing Development Organizations (“CHDOs”) Certification

TDHCA certifies Community Housing Development Organizations (“CHDOs”) according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) regulations.

A CHDO is a community-based nonprofit organization that develops affordable housing. Once certified, CHDOs are eligible to receive HOME Program set-aside funds from HUD through a designated participating jurisdiction.

To become certified, an organization must not only meet the CHDO requirements, but must also apply for and receive HOME funds.

For more information or to receive an application to become a CHDO, visit TDHCA’s Community Housing Development Organizations page.


Migrant Labor Housing Facilities

A license from the TDHCA is required to establish, maintain, or operate a migrant labor housing facility.

For details about TDHCA’s Migrant Labor Housing Facilities visit TDHCA’s Migrant Labor Housing Facilities page.

If you, or someone you know, is aware of an unlicensed migrant labor housing facility or believes that migrant labor housing is being offered with unsuitable living conditions, contact TDHCA at 877-313-3023 immediately.

Manufactured Housing Licensing

TDHCA’s Manufactured Housing Division licenses manufactured housing manufacturers, retailer, brokers, installers, and salespersons.

For details about TDHCA’s Manufactured Housing Division’s licensing requirements and other information, visit the Manufactured Housing Division webpage.

For more information about TDHCA’s Compact for Texans, please call TDHCA at 512-475-3800, toll free 800-525-0657, Relay Texas (TTY) 800-735-2989 or 7-1-1 Voice, or email

Subscribe to our Mailing List.

Sign up to get news of our program releases, how to apply for assistance, and other news.