Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the Texas state government

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans Page.

Income and Rent Limits in TDHCA-Supported Properties

Per 10 Texas Administrative Code §1.2, the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has a process to address complaints about its properties and programs.  Within 15 business days, the complainant will receive a response from the Department either that the complaint has been resolved or that it will be resolved by a certain date. After that, the complainant will be notified about the complaint at least quarterly until final resolution.

Please note that once a complaint is entered into the Department's Complaint Submission System, all information entered could be subject to a Public Information Request.

TDHCA-funded Property or Program

Complaints about a TDHCA-funded property or program may be submitted in writing by one of the following three ways:

  1. Submit a written complaint online by selecting this link – CLICK HERE
  2. by mail to PO Box 13941, Austin, TX 78711-3941
  3. by fax to 512-469-9609

The Complaint Submission System is to be used only for complaints dealing with TDHCA programs and funded properties. TDHCA-funded properties can be found online by searching our Vacancy Clearinghouse. Individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation to submit complaints over the phone by calling (512) 475-3800 or toll free: (800) 525-0657.

Issues not falling under TDHCA jurisdiction, (e.g. public housing authorities, non-TDHCA funded programs or properties, and homeowner associations) cannot be resolved by TDHCA.


Housing Tax Credits or Bonds

For complaints or concerns about developments proposed in applications for Housing Tax Credits or Bonds, please submit directly to the Multifamily Finance Division by email to or phone (512) 463-9784.

Please note that complaints/concerns or other public comments about developments proposed in applications for Housing Tax Credits or Bonds will not receive a response from the Department. The complaint/concern or other public comment will be noted in the development's application file.

Manufactured Housing

For complaints relating to manufactured housing, please go to the Manufactured Housing (MH) section to download a complaint form.

Disaster Recovery

Effective July 1, 2011, the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Programs were transferred to the Texas General Land Office (GLO) from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and the Texas Department of Rural Affairs (TDRA). Disaster Recovery related complaints can be submitted anonymously by calling 1-877-888-0002 or visit GLO’s Complaints page (

Subscribe to our Mailing List.

Sign up to get news of our program releases, how to apply for assistance, and other news.