If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans Page.
Manufactured Housing has moved! Our new location is:
George H.W. Bush State Office Building
1801 Congress Ave., Suite 11.400
Austin, Texas 78701
2019 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (second and final notice)
On February 1, 2024, taxing entities were notified that Tex. Occ. Code 1201.219(g) and (h) allows tax liens to be removed from the title records of a manufactured home if it has been delinquent for more than four (4) years and there has been no lawsuit filed to collect the taxes in question within the four year time period.
Therefore, tax liens for tax year 2019 will be removed from the system, unless the taxing entity provides confirmation of any law suits filed so the liens can be preserved. In addition to the liens which have a tax suit filed, the Department has determined that tax liens which have been deferred, placed on a payment plan, have a judgment on file, or are under bankruptcy, appropriately fall under the same legislative intent and should also be preserved.
Please accept this as second notification requesting confirmation of 2019 liens which have a tax suit filed, have been deferred, are on a payment plan, and/or those under bankruptcy so that they may be preserved. The new law provides the taxing entities with 60 days from the second notice to provide the confirmation requested. If confirmation is not received by midnight on April 15, 2024, all 2019 tax liens will be removed from our system.
Please contact Idaly Santamaria the Document Control Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have and as always, we look forward to serving you.
Consumer Disclosure Statement and Formaldehyde Notice
The Manufactured Housing Division announced on May 16, 2023 a revised Consumer Disclosure Statement and Formaldehyde Notice form. Originally, the Consumer Notice was 6-pages and the Formaldehyde Notice was a separate form.
The new notice, titled Consumer Disclosure Statement and Formaldehyde Notice, has been condensed to 3-pages, and the formaldehyde information is integrated into this notice. The updated form can be found on the Department’s website here.
Please feel free to contact the Department at 877-313-3023 with any questions you may have. You may also signup to receive Department announcements and website updates here Manufactured Housing Email List Membership Area (state.tx.us)
- 2019 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (second and final notice)
- 2019 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (first notice)
- Consumer Disclosure Statement and Formaldehyde Notice
- Manufactured Housing has moved!
- 2021-003 Industry Bulletin – Inventory of Damaged Homes (PDF)
- Notice of Installation Enforcement Initiative
- Licensing Education Class Online Registration
- Buying Flood Damaged Manufactured Homes
- Licenses are Required to Sell and Install Manufactured Homes
- Consumer Complaints
- FY2023 Executive Summary and Annual Report (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (PDF)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- Statement of Ownership Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates