Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the Texas state government

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans Page.

Announcements and Important Information

Section 32.03 of the Tax Code requires that all tax liens against manufactured homes be recorded with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. For a tax lien to be recorded for the previous tax year, the filing must be received by the department by midnight on June 30. For further details, please review the Tax Lien Filing Instructions provided below.

To check department records for tax liens, you may view homeownership records online or call our office at 1-800-500-7074, ext. 64471. Please be prepared to provide the complete serial number and HUD Label or Texas Seal number of the home.

Attention Taxing Entities: You may record and release tax liens by sending an email with an attached electronic file or by attaching the Department's approved form that has been scanned with the signature block and required information completed to

Tax Lien Forms and Documents

For questions regarding Texas sales tax, please contact the Comptroller of Public Accounts by calling 512-463-4000 or online at

Subscribe to our Mailing List.

Sign up to get news of our program releases, how to apply for assistance, and other news.